This course provides existing .NET developers with practical information and labs that enables them to build solutions on the Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 platform.
This course is intended for professional developers who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio® 2008 SP1. The audience understands how to use the new features of SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the SharePoint 2010 development platform and the benefits and features that it offers to developers.
- Use development tools that are integrated with the SharePoint 2010 development platform, such as Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Develop Web Parts for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
Develop code that uses the server-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop event receivers and manipulate application settings for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop solutions that access external data by using Business Connectivity Services.
- Develop workflows as part of SharePoint 2010 solutions.
Develop code that uses the client-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop server ribbon controls and client dialogs for the new user interface platform of SharePoint 2010.
- Develop Microsoft® Silverlight™ applications that are integrated with SharePoint 2010 data and solutions.
- Develop sandboxed solutions for SharePoint 2010.
- Develop code that uses the taxonomic and user profile services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop code that uses the content management services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.