This one-day instructor-led course is intended for information workers or power users who use SharePoint to store and find enterprise content. Students should take this course if they need to know core search features along with the advanced search features, tips and tricks. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using SharePoint content on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
The courseware is sufficiently detailed with reference content and samples to serve as both an after class search reference and as search “cheat sheet”.
This course is intended :
- SharePoint end users
- SharePoint Site Owners
- SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
- SharePoint Administrators and Developers
- SharePoint Governance Auditors
- Anybody who needs to “find stuff” in SharePoint 2013
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how search crawls and indexes content.
- Use core SharePoint search features to find documents.
- Use wildcards and Boolean operators.
- Build queries using the Advanced Search page.
- Search for people.
- Search using Managed Properties.
- Search using dates and numbers.
- Work with Content Type and Content Class properties.
- Work with multiple languages.